Do I have to apply for immigration and general streams separately?

Please be advised that applicants are not allowed to pursue both General and Immigration streams. You must choose one stream to apply through.

For your information, an educational credential assessment report completed for the immigration purposes can be used for both immigration and non-immigration (general) purposes. It will be valid for a period of five years for immigration purposes. Please visit the IRCC website for more information. For employment or other non-immigration purposes, it will remain valid indefinitely.

 An ECA report completed for the General (non-immigration) purposes cannot be used to apply for immigration.  

Was this article helpful?