The School offers online proctoring services for students enrolled in online courses who do not live within 30 km of an established Canadian exam centre. This includes all international students. The School currently uses Examity® for our online proctoring services. Please consult your course outline to confirm whether your course has a proctored final exam.
Registering for your exam:
All students enrolled in an online course with a proctored final exam will need to register for their exam at the start of the course. When registering to write your final exam, you can select the online proctoring option if you are eligible. Please consult the application form for eligibility requirements. The final examination will then be conducted entirely online.
To ensure that your computer is compatible with the online proctoring service, please confirm that your computer meets system requirements.
Examity® system requirements are:
- Desktop computer or laptop (not tablet)
- Webcam and microphone (built-in or external) – test your webcam at www.testmycam.com
- Connection to network with sufficient internet speed: at least 2 Mbps download speed and 2 Mbps upload – test internet speed at www.speedtest.net
- Operating systems: Windows XP or newer, Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) – or newer
- Browser with pop-up blocker disabled: Google Chrome v39 or later, Mozilla Firefox v34 or later, Internet Explorer v8 or later, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari v6 or later
If you have any questions or concerns about system requirements, contact Examity’s technical support team 24/7 via email at email@example.com or phone at (855)-392-6489.
Video tour of Examity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98OStU71l7A&feature=youtu.be
For a full overview of what to expect from your online proctoring experience, please review the student manual attached to this article.