The University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies (SCS) collects personal and financial information of individuals when enrolling in the programs, courses and services offered by the School. The information collected is used for the purposes of the following:
- Administration of enrolment and academic activities;
- Provision of access to learning management, library and student identification systems;
- Communication of program changes and updates;
- Program planning and administration;
- Statistical analysis and research;
- Promotion of SCS programs, courses and services unless an individual has opted out or unsubscribed from receiving promotional messages.
The information you provide to SCS, whether online, by telephone, mail or fax, is kept confidential and secure. We are committed to protecting your privacy and your financial security, and we do this in several ways:
- We do not sell or rent our mailing, email or any other contact lists.
- All credit card information is deleted from our system when the cost of a registration has been authorized. Absolutely no one, except your own financial institution, has access to your credit card information.
- Your student portal (My Access) is password-protected. To access any personal and academic information, you must enter both your email address and a portal password.
- SCS adheres to the University of Toronto’s privacy policies and procedures, and in all circumstances when dealing with personal information of any individual, is obligated to adhere to the provisions of the Ontario Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).
The University established the FIPP Office to support freedom of information and protection of privacy. The office oversees implementation and administration of access and protection of privacy in the University.
If you have any questions about the collection and use of this information or have privacy concerns of any nature, please contact Enrolment and Learner Services by submitting a request or call 416-978-2400.