As an instructor with the School of Continuing Studies, you are part of the U of T community. In order to access the School and campus services (physical and online) as well as to administer your pay, you need to create an identification profile with the university. This online profile will generate an identification number called a UTORid. With your UTORid you can then obtain a TCard, which is your physical identification card. Please note there is a $20 CAD administrative fee that is charged at the time of issuing.
- Your UTORid will give you access to the many resources and services you may need during your instruction contract with the School. Your UTORid gives you access to:U of T Portal (for university news and announcements)
- U of T ESS online self-service (to view pay statements)
- Quercus Learning Management System
- U of T’s wireless network
- Your U of T email address
- My Access-Instructor Account
Once the program office has confirmed that you will be teaching for the School, you will receive an email that contains your UTORid and directions to call Student and Instructor Services at 416-978-2400 to obtain a temporary Secret Activation Key (SAK). With the UTORid and SAK you can then continue to follow the instructions in your email to activate your profile and U of T account.
If you have forgotten your UTORid and/or password, you can visit Robarts Library, Information Commons Help Desk, 1st Floor at 130 St. George Street to reset your access information.