How do I get a record of employment or a breakdown of payment for multiple course sections?

Please contact Central U of T Payroll and Human Resources.  You can reach them by phone at 416-978-0452 or by e-mail at

Records of Employment are not issued automatically. They must be requested from Payroll by the department or employee.

To request a Record of Employment, contact The following information must be included in the request:

  • Your surname (as it appears in the payroll system)
  • Your first name (as it appears in the payroll system)
  • Your U of T personnel number
  • Your U of T department / division
  • Your area code and telephone number
  • Your last day of work

Please note: As ROEs are submitted electronically, the data enters Service Canada's systems directly, where it is used to process EI claims. Employers no longer need to print a paper copy for employees.

If you would like to obtain a copy of your ROE, you should visit the My Service Canada Account page online. From My Service Canada Account, you can view and / or print copies of ROEs on the same day the ROE is submitted. To access My Service Canada Account, visit

Was this article helpful?