Eligible University of Toronto staff and faculty members may qualify for a Tuition Waiver up to a maximum value of $500 for School of Continuing Studies courses.
To register for a course using a Tuition Waiver:
- Check with your Divisional Human Resources Officefor eligibility criteria. The list of Divisional Human Resources Offices can be found on the Human Resources & Equity Contact page.
- If you qualify, complete the applicable Tuition Waiver formand take it to your Divisional Human Resources Office for authorization. The full list of Tuition Waivers forms can be found on the Human Resources & Equity Forms page. Each form is specific to an employee group(s). If you are unsure which Waiver form is applicable, check with your Divisional Human Resources Office.
If your course(s) takes place during normal working hours, your department must indicate their approval by signing your Tuition Waiver form. Note that dependents of staff or faculty are not eligible for the Tuition Waiver benefit program.
- Submit your authorized waiver request form together with the completed School of Continuing Studies’ registration form.
- If your course fees exceed the maximum waiver amount, you are responsible for paying the difference in fees.
- You are also responsible for paying of any applicable taxes or ancillary fees.
- Payment for the balance of fees must be submitted at the time of registration.