Does my course qualify for a T2202A tax credit?

A T2202A is available to all students whose courses qualify for a tuition and education amount credit on their personal income tax return. You may view and print your T2202A document online from My Access, your personal account on our website.

This service is currently available from the year 2010. For courses completed prior to January 2010, please contact Learner and Enrolment Services at 416-978-2400 or submit a request.

It is your responsibility to ensure that you qualify to claim this tax credit. Canada Revenue Agency is the official authority on all tax issues and should always be consulted if you are unsure about your eligibility. However, for your convenience we have provided brief guidelines to help you decide if you should pursue this credit.

To qualify:

  • Your course is part of a certificate program at the School of Continuing Studies. All certificates are considered “designated post-secondary programs” as defined by Canada Revenue Agency.
  • The tuition fees paid add up to a minimum of $100.
  • Your course(s) was at least three consecutive weeks in length.
  • Course hours add up to at least 12 hours per month.
  • You paid the tuition fees. Your employer, company or institution did not submit the fees to the School on your behalf, or, you were not reimbursed later by your employer, company or institution, or, you did not receive a scholarship or bursary to cover the costs of the course

If you are unsure if you are eligible to claim this credit on your tax return, we recommend that you visit Canada Revenue Agency’s website at for further guidance.




Was this article helpful?