In order to determine whether you should submit a Request to Transfer from a Course or Petition to Withdraw/Transfer Past Deadlines, please review our deadlines to transfer from your course. All of the deadlines are based on the scheduled start date of your course.
Transfers may be permitted if a request is received prior to the applicable deadline. A request may be made through the following methods:
- Submitting a Request to Transfer from a Course form
- Calling us at 416-978-2400. You will be asked to provide identification information.
- Submitting an online request through My Access, your online student portal. If you choose this method, the request may only be submitted prior to the course start. You will receive an email confirmation of the transaction.
The following actions do NOT constitute an official transfer:
- Cancelling a cheque or credit card payment.
- Failing to attend lectures.
- Advising the instructor that you will no longer attend lectures or participate in online instruction.
- Course transfers are not permitted after the noted deadlines.
- Course transfers are also subject to the return, in original condition, of any course materials that may have been issued.
Late Transfer Request
If you have extenuating circumstances and wish to request a transfer passed the deadline, please submit a Petition to Withdraw/Transfer Past Deadlines. Your request will be forwarded to a supervisor for consideration, and we will respond with a possible solution as soon as we are able. We may need to follow up to request specific information or documentation, such as a doctor’s note.
Please send your appeal as soon as you are able to do so – the earlier your request comes, the easier it will be to provide a solution.
Note: If your late transfer is approved, there may be a late withdrawal fee.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Scroll to the bottom of this page, submit a support request form, and we will get back to you!