Do I need to take the introductory course if I already have the knowledge/work experience?

If you are just interested in taking one or two of the more advanced courses and you feel you are adequately prepared to do so, you can simply register in your chosen course. Please ensure you are familiar with our withdrawal and transfer policies in case the course proves too advanced.


If you are looking to complete a certificate that requires the introductory course, you are able to apply for advanced standing by requesting a Prior Learning Assessment (PLA)

. If you are approved, you will be exempted from taking that course.


Note: Each certificate has a maximum number of courses for which a PLA can be granted. See the certificate’s description page for more information.

Was this article helpful?