First, please review the requirements to ensure that you meet the criteria to qualify for a T2202 certificate. It is your responsibility to ensure that you qualify to claim this tax credit. Canada Revenue Agency is the official authority on all tax issues and should always be consulted if you are unsure about your eligibility.
Once you're sure your course is eligible, note that your MyAccess student account will only have your T2202 certificate from the years 2019 onwards. To request a T2202A document prior to 2019, please submit a request to email@example.com
Effective January 2020, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) now requires that students provide their Social Insurance Number (SIN) to their educational institution to be displayed on their T2202 Tuition and Enrolment certificate. Students can claim the tuition tax credit on their personal income tax return. To claim this credit submit a T2202 form with your tax return.
If you have not provided your SIN number, you may follow the instructions below for assistance:
Go to your My Access account at the School.
• On the left-hand navigation bar, click “My Profile”
• Scroll down to the field entitled “Social Insurance Number”
• Enter your SIN. Please do not insert spaces or dashes. The format should be nnnnnnnnn, e.g. 123456789.
• Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click “Save”
To access your portal:
- Click My Access student account
- Enter your login information (email, password). If you are a new user or have forgotten your username or password, select the ‘Forgot Password’ link and enter your email address. A secure email with a link to reset your password will be emailed to you.
To view and print your T2202:
- Click “T2202” from the list of services located in the left-hand navigation box.
- Click “GO”.
- A summary of your tax credits will display. Review this summary to ensure that it contains the correct number of courses and fees. If you find any discrepancies, contact Enrolment and Learner Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-978-2400.
- Click “Print T2202”. This will open a new window with an Adobe pdf file of your T2202 document. The file will contain three pages; page one will contain your name, address, and the total number of fees and eligible months, page 2 with Canada Revenue Agency’s instructions and guidelines, and page three with a breakdown of your courses and fees.
- Print a copy of all three pages and submit them with your tax return.
- You may access your portal at any time to review or re-print this document.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Scroll to the bottom of this page, submit a support request form, and we will get back to you!