The primary difference between Online and Distance PDF (Self-Study) is the level of interactivity between the instructor and the students, and also among classmates. For instance, discussion groups allow students to post questions that can be debated between classmates; a very useful tool not available to our distance students.
- Assignments are in PDF format, and are posted on the U of T online host server called “Blackboard”.
- Registered students are emailed with log-in access (username, password) to Blackboard.
- When students log-in, they will see categories for Course Notes, Course Assignments, and Examination Application (I believe there is also a link to instructions).
- Clicking on these categories will open up PDF documents that they can view or print.
- Students submit assignments by email directly to instructors.
- Instructors return marked assignments to students by email.
- Examinations take place in proctored examination centres.