System requirements for online proctoring are listed below:
- Desktop computer or laptop (not tablet)
- Webcam and microphone (built-in or external) – test your webcam at www.testmycam.com
- Connection to network with sufficient internet speed: at least 2 Mbps download speed and 2 Mbps upload – test internet speed at www.speedtest.net
- Operating systems: Windows XP or newer, Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) – or newer
- Browser with pop-up blocker disabled: Google Chrome v39 or later, Mozilla Firefox v34 or later, Internet Explorer v8 or later, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari v6 or later
- If you are writing an online proctored exam in a Translation course, you will also need a scanner, or a printer with scanning capabilities, connected to the computer you use for your exam, and within the same room.