Preparing for the Exam
In order to prepare for your exam, ensure you complete the following steps:
- To prepare your device for the exam:
- 3 days prior to your exam, check and download any computer/system updates. You will not want system updates/reboots to take place during the sitting of your exam.
- 2 days prior to your exam test your equipment in the setup/environment you will be taking your exam.
- Use a computer with a wired internet connection if possible (avoid dial-up, or cellular connections), or a strong wireless network. Avoid using public wireless networks if at all possible.
- Ensure you are using a Quercus supported browser: Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. o Quercus does not support Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, or Safari
- Turn off any programs or notifications that might interrupt you while completing your exam (e.g. Skype, Twitter, IM, email, Slack, etc.).
- Avoid running high-bandwidth programs in the background while completing your exam(e.g., BitTorrent clients, streaming video, Netflix).
- Complete your exam in a single browser window, avoid opening other browser windows unless specified by your instructor.
- Ensure you are aware of the permitted resources for your exam.
- Ensure you have a quiet place to complete the exam, free from interruptions.
When You Are Ready to Complete the Exam
When you are ready to complete your exam, ensure you take the following steps:
- Login to Quercus, enter your course site, and click on the ‘Assignments’ tab from the menu on the Locate your Final Exam and click on it.
- Carefully read the instructions and make sure you are aware of the time permitted for the
- Click the button ‘Take the Quiz’ ONLY ONCE and wait for it to load, be
- While completing the exam, use only Quercus navigation DO NOT use browser ‘back’ and ‘forward’ buttons.
- If the exam is a file upload, ensure that you are uploading a permitted file type (PDF, Word doc, etc.). Permitted file types will be listed in the exam
- At the bottom of your question, please click on ‘Choose a File’. Choose the exam file (only the exam document with your answers) and click Your screen will show “Your file has been successfully uploaded”.
- Click on ‘Submit Quiz’ to Click the submit button ONLY ONCE, be patient.
- Make sure you keep a copy of this file on your computer for your
- Please disregard the message that the quiz has been muted. This does not impact your submission in any way and there is no additional action that you need to take. Your final grade will be distributed through MyAccess once all final assessments in the course have been graded and released by your instructor.
If You Experience Technical Difficulties
If you experience technical difficulties while completing your exam, ensure you do the following:
- Please email email@example.com to notify the Learning Innovation Support Team right away with the following information:
- Course code with section number
- Date and time problem occurred
- Brief description of the problem
- Operating system used (Windows 10, Mac OS X Leopard, etc.)
- Browser used and version (e.g., Chrome 80, Firefox 45)
- Connection – Wired or Wireless or Other
- If possible, a screenshot (instructions for Windows and Mac)
- We will follow up with you and your instructor regarding next steps to ensure you are able to complete your exam.