Blackboard (Bb) Collaborate is a real-time video conferencing platform designed for use in online teaching. Instructors use Bb Collaborate to schedule webinars to share course material and interact with you and other learners via synchronous audio, video, and chat. Desktop applications, web resources, and multimedia can be displayed directly within the webinar room. Bb Collaborate is a web-based platform accessed through your Quercus course site, the Learning Management Engine at the University of Toronto. It does not require downloading or installing an application to your device.
Below is a video tour of Bb Collaborate that covers the following:
- Minimum computing requirements
- Locating Bb Collaborate in your Quercus course site
- Finding scheduled sessions
- Joining an active session
- Bb Collaborate settings
- Participating in sessions using the chat, audio and video
- Accessing webinar recordings
- Troubleshooting tips
In addition to this video, the Bb Collaborate for Learners Job Aid is a helpful resource for navigating and participating in webinars in your SCS course.